Delta Green M Cell Campaign (2003 – 2010)

Convergence, Session 4

Previous Session: Convergence, session 3

Scenario Author: John Tynes
Scenario Publisher: Pagan Publishing, in the Delta Green rule book
Write-up Author: Allan Goodall
Run Date: April 17, 2004
Game System: Arc Dream's One Role Engine (ORE)
Keeper: Allan Goodall
Characters: Nicholas Connelly, codename MICHAEL (Jason Gallagher); Joshua Frost, codename MORGAN (Jimmy Pope); Carson Kovac, codename MAYA (Alana Goodall)

Spoiler Warning: This scenario is taken from the Delta Green rule book. If you are a Delta Green player you may wish to ask your Keeper if they intend to run any scenarios in that book before reading this write-up, as pertinent scenario information will be revealed.

Friday, March 19, 2004, 5:20 a.m. CST

Alderman's Office, Groversville, Tennesee

The Delta Green agents stood in the alderman's office, staring down at the corpses of the alderman, and the slowly melting sludge that was the tissue creature that had enveloped them. The aldermen looked like they were victims in a slasher movie. The mass of tissue left a growing stain on the carpet. "Someone go poke it with a stick," said MORGAN. "I know it's not scientific..." "Stick it with a needle," suggested MAYA, "maybe you can bring it back to life." The agents left the town hall and drove back to their motel.

After arriving in their room, MICHAEL wondered out loud what happened to the people in town and the animals in the area that had extraterrestrial surgery. He phoned FBI Special Agent Derringer to find out what happened to Billy Ray Spivey. The night operator at the Knoxville FBI office patched him through to Derringer's cell phone. Derringer was at a hospital in Knoxville. Spivey had started to bleed out in the areas where he had surgery. He was in critical care, and didn't look like he was going to make it. MICHAEL thanked Derringer and hung up.

An ambulance drove through town, probably from Cookeville. The tissue was dissolving. MICHAEL turned to MORGAN. "Call your CDC people. Tell them there's an outbreak of, uh..."

"...spontaneous ebola!" said MORGAN, helpfully.

"Tell them its an outbreak of 48 hour projectile leprosy, I don't care," replied MICHAEL, "just get them here!"

MORGAN grabbed his regular cell phone (not his Delta Green phone) and contacted the CDC office in Nashville.

"At the CDC they call him the little boy who cried 'outbreak'," commented MICHAEL.

MICHAEL and MAYA crashed for a nap while MORGAN got through to the CDC office. He told them to send a team to Groversville for a clean-up operation. There were multiple live casualties to evacuate and examine. There were also multiple fatalities that would have to be autopsied. He made a point of telling them that the problem was contained and that no one was contagious, though he didn't know what caused the outbreak.

Over the next couple of hours MORGAN co-ordinated the activities of the CDC and the hospital in Cookeville. There were at least a dozen people brought in from Groversville. Several were dead, all the rest were in critical condition. MORGAN remembered the thing in Scott Adams' room, and Adams' corpse. He went to the motel room. It was still very stinky. He walked into the bathroom. Adams' body was bloated and disgusting, as could be expected. The tissue monster had dissolved and turned to sludge. MORGAN checked the creature's tissue sample that he had stored in a sealed container. It, too, was now sludge. He went back to his motel room and contacted the CDC once more. He told them to take away the suicide victim in room #9 at the Shut-Eye Motel and have it autopsied in case it, too, was infected.

Friday, March 19, 2004, 9:00 a.m. CST

Merle's Shut Eye, Groversville, Tennesee

Agent MICHAEL woke up and called ALPHONSE with a report of the last day's activities. He told ALPHONSE that the explosives were a success, but that they were met soon after the explosion by black helicopters and a man with three gold teeth.

"Do you believe he was an active participant or an interested observer?" asked ALPHONSE.

"The former."

"I concur," agreed ALPHONSE.

MICHAEL asked what they should do for a cover story. ALPHONSE left it to MORGAN to find a disease to blame it on.

MICHAEL hung up and talked to MORGAN about the cover story. After some discussion they decided to blame the disease on some sort of terrorist biological attack. The contamination of the water supply would lend credence to this theory. MORGAN poured some water from the faucet and sprayed it with the leucopararosaniline. It was still purple, but it was a much less vivid shade than it had been a day before.

MAYA woke up, and the three agents showered to freshen themselves up. After lunch, the agents drove out to the barn they had levelled a few hours earlier. Someone had been to the barn site. Sometime in the morning someone had been through and excavated part of the site. There was no sign of alien bodies or alien equipment. The agents drove back to town.

They had an early supper at the R.R. Diner. While they were eating, Sheriff Dan Oakley came in for a take-out order. He glanced around the room and saw the agents. MORGAN cautiously said, "Hi."

Oakley squinted a little and said, "Howdy" in return, then turned away with a quizzical look in his eye. It was as though the sheriff didn't recognize them. He took his food and left.

The agents went to bed early.

Saturday, March 20, 2004, 7:00 a.m. CST

Merle's Shut Eye, Groversville, Tennesee

The next morning, the agents checked out of the Merle's Shut Eye motel and left Groversville. MORGAN and MAYA headed towards Nashville. MICHAEL drove home by way of Knoxville. He arrived at the U-Stor-It public storage facility around 9:00 a.m. Using the key he had received from ALPHONSE, he opened unit #129. He placed in the locker four gallons of the tissue-detecting leucopararosaniline, and 6 flasks of acid that MORGAN received from the CDC the day before (Agent MORGAN kept one gallon of leucopararosaniline and two flasks of acid for himself). MICHAEL also left a report on Groversville with instructions on how to detect the tissue and how the tissue was adversely affected by very strong acid.

MICHAEL sealed the locker, overnighted the key to ALPHONSE, and then headed home to D.C.